If you like bird, nature, wildlife and HDR photography, as well as info-packed seminars, this event is for you.
Join me and Juan Pons in Bosque del Apache, New Mexico for this hands-on workshop.
Number of participants: Only 20.
Date: December 1 to 5, 2011.
We will be based in Socorro, NM.
Here are some photographs that I took on a previous Bosque del Apache trip.
Juan and I hope to see you there.
Here is a list of the gear you may want to consider packing:
• 400mm telephoto - close-ups of birds
• 100 - 400mm zoom - close-ups of birds
• 17-40mm zoom - scenery shots and HDR shots
• polarizing filter
• sturdy tripod - for HDR and scenery shots before sunrise
• laptop with Lightroom or Photoshop
• HDR Efex Pro or Photomatix - for HDR processing. (Discount here
• Topaz Adjust
• Flashlight or two. I suggest this flashlight for hands-free shooting:
'Flood Light' Head Lamp: NINE Super-Bright LED
For the dawn shoots, I recommend having both a wide-angle and telephoto lens handy, as you will want to shoot it all!
Here is a list of the clothing I recommend:
• Very warm coat, hat and gloves for the early morning shoots. It's often below freezing.
• Much lighter jacket for mid-day shooting.
• Hand and foot warmers:
Little Hotties Hand Warmers 40 Pairs Plus Toe Warmers 3 Pairs
For some tips in photographing birds, click here.
Explore the light,