I just put the finishing touches on my 2013 photo workshop schedule. Lots of photo opportunities for you to make - rather than just take - meaningful photographs. And plenty of time to process your images in Lightroom and Photoshop.
To find a workshop for you, click Workshops on the left or click here.
Speaking of workshop, there is a big difference between a workshop and a photo tour.
- Workshops: Designed to get you the very best shots from dawn to dusk. Getting up at 3 AM is no prob.
- Photo Tours: Leave at 9 and set your day around meals.
- Workshops: If you are driving and see something good, stop and shoot.
- Photo Tours: Keep on driving.
- Workshops: Usually cars or 4W drive vehicles.
- Photo Tours: Bus tours.
- Workshops: Hands-on training - daily - by the instructor or instructors.
- Photo Tours: You are on your own.
- Workshops: Photo reviews almost daily.
- Photo Tours: No reviews.
- Workshops: Photoshop and Lightroom advice and help.
- Photo Tours: Computers are not even required.
- Workshops: Group slide show.
- Photo Tours: Only show is to show up for dinner.
- Workshops: Leave on-time for sunrise.
- Photo Tours: Who cares if you are late?
- Workshops: Briefing on each location as to lenses, settings, etc.
- Photo Tours: Very little suggestions by leaders.
- Workshops: Instructors ask you how you are doing.
- Photo Tours: Leaders are there only as tour guides.
- Workshops: If you find something really cool to photograph, the groups changes plans so all can get great pictures.
- Photo Tours: Get to the next stop.
- Workshops: Instructors share their shots on their camera's LCD monitors so others can see and learn.
- Photo Tours: Instructors are often first on the spot.
I hope to see you on one of my workshops someday. See this facebook page to see the work of some of my recent students.
If you like the stuff you see here on my blog, you can subscribe here.
I tell people that my specialty is not specializing, because I like to do it all. However, if you like to specialize in wildlife photography, I can help you with your photography. Please see my On Safari gallery for some of my favorite images.
If you like stuff like this, you can subscribe to my blog here.
Explore the light,
This site powered by (designed and hosted on) Squarespace. Use one-click to get started with your own awesome Squarespace site.This post sponsored by Adorama - great gear at great prices.