This is Part II in a new series here on my blog: Thursday's Travel Log.
Destination: St. Augustine, Florida
• Lots to shoot: shore birds, pier, Alligator Farm, Old Town and more. Bring lenses from wide to tele to capture it all.
• Sunrise at the pier is awesome, if it's a good sunrise :-)
• Wear sandals or aqua shoes when you go to the pier. You'll probably be walking in the water.
• Bring a flashlight for your sunrise shoot at the pier, as you'll get there when its dark.
• Shoot under the pier and on the pier.
• Shoot HDR and straight shots at the pier. Check out the heart in my HDR shot (opening shot for this post.)
• Get to Old Town early, before a million people get in your pictures. Shoot HDR. (For tips on HDR, see my app, iHDR.)
• Bring your tripod and a polarizing filter for beach shots, and bring your tripod/long lens to the Alligator Farm, which has many cool birds.
• Stay at a hotel near the beach, such as the Hilton Garden Inn on A1A.
• Dinner? Sunset Grill - next to the Hilton Garden Inn.
• Check sunrise times the night before your sunrise shoot.
• Check out the Photographer's Pass for the Alligator Farm.
• A great weekend shoot.
We shoot at all these locations on my Florida Photo Caravan. We have our welcome dinner at the Sunset Grill.
Explore the light,
P.S. The first shoot on my Florida Photo Caravan: Horses running on the beach.