Heading to Bosque del Apache this year for the world-famous "blast off?" If so, you need the right gear to capture the action. Here is what I'm packing for my 2015 and 2016 workshops.
My camera gear and laptop are shown above:
- Macbook Pro
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Canon 7D
- Canon 400mm DO lens
- Canon 100-400mm IS lens
- Canon 70-20mm f/4 lens
- Canon 24-105mm IS lens
- Canon 17-40mm lens
- Canon 1.4x telecoverter
- Tiffen polarizing filter
- Two memory card wallets packed with 16GB and 32GB Lexar cards
- Head-mounted flashlight
- Small flash light
- Wireless mic set to record sound for some videos.
All of that gear fits snugly in my Lowepro Pro Roller Lite AW. The AW stands for all-weather, as the bag has a built-in "raincoat". On site, I transfer my gear to my backpack.
In my other carry-on bag, my briefcase, I have:
- Charger/power supply for my laptop
- Chargers for my camera batteries
- Two 500GB G-tech portable hard drives
- Two Lexar card readers
- Extra 5D Mark III camera body
- Airplane power adapter.
I'll pack my tripod in my checked luggage, along with plenty of hand warmers.
We all look forward to shooting with our workshop participants next week. It will be great fun! Stay tuned for posts.
Explore the light,