I hope you can join me this fall at Telluride Photo Festival in beautiful Telluride, Colorado. Here are the top ten reasons why I think you will love the event.
10. I am running an awesome workshop: Ghost Towns, Waterfalls and Landscapes. Don't miss out on the $100 early registration savings! Photographers attending my small-group/big-learning workshop also received my Nature Photography Lover's Bundle ($30 value) which is listed in my on-line store.
10a) I'm also giving several seminars at the festival – with lots of new photographs (a few below) from my recent travels.
9. Great Photo Opportunities in the Region - There are 4 National Parks less than a half day drive of Telluride: Mesa Verde near Durango; Arches National Park and Canyonlands in Moab; the Black Canyon of the Gunnison near Montrose. Venturing a little further is the Great Sand Dunes NP, Monument Valley, Capitol Reef NP, Ship Rock, Goblin Valley SP, Kodachrome Basin SP, Antelope Canyon, Bryce NP, Zion NP and Hovenweep NM—all within a day’s drive.
8. Outdoor Adventures - In addition to incredible photographic opportunities there is hiking, biking, fly-fishing, paddle boarding, yoga, 4WD tours, glider rides and much more.
7. The Town - Telluride is a preserved historical mining town set in a box canyon. The town is surrounded by 14,000 foot peaks in a mind blowing setting (I still get awestruck by the beauty—and I’ve been here for 15 years). This small town loves playing host to visitors from around the world with great hospitality.
6. Epic Autumn Foliage - Telluride has some of the most spectacular fall foliage in the country. The festival is timed around the peak of the fall colors. It’s a color display of oranges, reds, yellows against blue skies and snow capped mountains.
5. Breathtaking Landscapes - The San Juan Mountains are often compared to the Swiss Alps. It is some of the most scenic country in the continental United States. The San Juan Mountains should be on everyone’s bucket list.
4. Intimate Gathering - The festival is still a relatively small one in which there is a spirit of camaraderie among those who attend. The festival serves as a chance to meet those that you may only know via social media or the phone. Life long friendships have been a result of those that have attended the festival.
3. Portfolio Reviews - Here is an opportunity to get your work in front of some of the top photo editors, agencies and companies and get your name known. Portfolio reviewers come to Telluride in the hope of harvesting new talent.
2. Networking - Meet some of the most influential people in the outdoor photography industry from professional photographers to industry representatives. You also meet other photographers that can become mentors or friends to help you with your career.
1. Educational Programming - The TPF prides itself on the workshops, speakers, seminars, panel discussions, and portfolio reviewers we bring to the festival representing some of the most respected companies in the photographic world. There have been several seasoned professionals that have mentioned that they gleaned new insights from the programming at the festival.
I hope to see you in Telluride - at my workshop and at my seminars!
Explore the light,